PDA

View Full Version : Installing SVGA II Adapter and InnoTek drivers on Ubuntu Virtual Machine

drewpeterson1991
April 7th, 2020, 03:36 AM
Im a newbie

I checked my drivers in software and updates and it shows I do not have a driver for VMware: SCGA II Adapter and InnoTek Systemberatung GmbH Virtual Guest Service.

I have looked around, but I cannot find how to get those drivers. I believe I need to manually install them from terminal.

Help please?

QIII
April 7th, 2020, 03:57 AM
Hello!

Are you able to see your desktop and interact with the machine?

drewpeterson1991
April 7th, 2020, 04:03 AM
Yes, but it is DEATHLY slow. Im a developer. It takes 15 to something that should take one minute at the most. Its rendering the graphics in software, I think.

QIII
April 7th, 2020, 04:08 AM
Your virtual machine is not using your hardware GPU. Instead, it is using a virtual one provided by the virtualization software's Hardware Abstraction Layer. That is: it's a software GPU with very limited capabilities. It's not by any means intended for rendering or gaming.

drewpeterson1991
April 7th, 2020, 04:15 AM
Understood, this is for web development, web pages. Not video games. The driver screen seems to indicate I need to find drivers and manually install them.

QIII
April 7th, 2020, 04:33 AM
The "driver" is generally supplied by the virtualization software. You should not need to install anything.

If you want to try to beef up your graphic performance with VMWare, this (https://techzone.vmware.com/resource/deploying-hardware-accelerated-graphics-vmware-horizon-7#section1)might be helpful -- or at least maybe point you in the right direction.

drewpeterson1991
April 7th, 2020, 04:35 AM
Thank You!