PDA

View Full Version : Intel Drivers

arditprenga
April 4th, 2020, 07:06 PM
So im new to unbutu, just installed it and thought if intel drivers can be installed in unbutu?

deadflowr
April 4th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Already installed.
Are you having issues?

speartip
April 4th, 2020, 07:27 PM
You shouldn't need to install any drivers. Most of them especially intel are either part of the Kernel or installed by default. The only exception to this are later nvidia drivers, but the option is there to install them. If you want to see if any proprietary drivers need installing, open the driver manager & see if it offers anything. It probably won't though if your hardware is Intel.

arditprenga
April 4th, 2020, 07:50 PM
i mean the only issue is when i turn on the laptop, before starting the os, it restarts 2 times

CelticWarrior
April 4th, 2020, 11:49 PM
If it is before the OS it has nothing to do with the OS let alone drivers.

arditprenga
April 5th, 2020, 11:09 AM
If it is before the OS it has nothing to do with the OS let alone drivers.

No this started after i formated my laptop, and installed ubuntu, below u can see the video of booting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd7qxeo8co6gt11/20200405_113833.mp4?dl=0

CelticWarrior
April 5th, 2020, 11:19 AM
Again, whatever happens before the OS is loaded has not and CANNOT have to do with the OS, let alone drivers. And why Intel drivers specifically? This is quite ignorant.

What your video shows is not a restart, it's an attempt to boot from the network (PXE) which fails (obviously) and then it boots from the local drive. It suggests wrong settings in UEFI ("BIOS").

arditprenga
April 5th, 2020, 11:25 AM
Again, whatever happens before the OS is loaded has not and CANNOT have to do with the OS, let alone drivers. And why Intel drivers specifically? This is quite ignorant.

What your video shows is not a restart, it's an attempt to boot from the network (PXE) which fails (obviously) and then it boots from the local drive. It suggests wrong settings in UEFI ("BIOS").

i didnt say intel driver was faulty, the 1st person to comment said do u have any other problem, after installation, and im writing here because i dont know the problem.

CelticWarrior
April 5th, 2020, 11:38 AM
You gave a textbook example of a X-Y problem, i.e., asking about what you think is a solution instead of asking about the problem itself.

This thread started with
So im new to unbutu, just installed it and thought if intel drivers can be installed in unbutu?

to which a few people responded that "intel drivers are already installed" so, what's the problem you are trying to solve? Then, and only then, you actually told/showed us what the "problem" was...

I suggest that in the future you ask about the problem you're trying to solve, describe it the best you can, and not ask about what you think could be a solution. And this is also completely independent from Ubuntu or any other OS, the problem isn't you're being a newbie in Ubuntu, the problem is you don't understand computers and their boot process.

arditprenga
April 5th, 2020, 11:44 AM
The thread title doesnt have any thing to do with the boot problem. SInce someone replied i thought of asking for my other problem.
U can easily ignore me and dont go through the trouble of helping me, instead of calling me ignorant and telling i dont know anything about computers.
I was about to say thanks for explaining me that the boot doesnt have any problem with OS...

arditprenga
April 5th, 2020, 11:55 AM
Update, i did Reset BIOS and that error dissapeared, thanks!

CelticWarrior
April 5th, 2020, 11:56 AM
Different question, different thread... Unless there's some logical connection between the two it's always better to start a different thread. It avoids confusion and the dilution of the community efforts. Also better for other users when they're searching about their issues.

You're welcome.