PDA

View Full Version : Raspberry pi kernal issue first launch Ubuntu.

bigben38506
March 27th, 2020, 06:31 AM
I was launching Ubuntu on my raspberry pi and I see an error sign in the booting up process and think nothing of it but I can do sudo apt-get update or download a desktop experience and when I re booted it the failure was next to something about kernals so I think that might be the problem and I couldn't find any fixes on YouTube. Any suggestions?

mörgæs
March 29th, 2020, 07:27 AM
Which kind of Raspberry, which version of Ubuntu and first of all: Which error messages?

ptgay49
April 7th, 2020, 10:14 PM
I will take a crack at this.

I just tried to install Ubuntu Server LTS 18.04.4 for the Raspberry Pi (model 4 - 64bit installer - kubuntu desktop - Ethernet connection). I followed the tutorial (two times) entitled "Install Ubuntu Server on a Raspberry Pi 2, 3 or 4". I believe I received the same error (both times) as described in the OP. The error occurs on the reboot after all six steps in the tutorial have been completed. During the boot process, a significant number of steps occur with the symbol "[OK]" preceding a description of that particular step. However, one step is preceded by the symbol "[FAILED]". That step is:

"Failed to start LOAD KERNEL MODULES. See 'systemctl status systemd-modules-load service' for details."

I am not skilled enough to resolve this boot failure. I am merely a 70-year-old "tinkerer" of average intelligence and above-average curiosity. Any assistance that can be provided will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!