PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Workbench on kde [kubuntu] error

trelozakinthinos
February 29th, 2020, 06:35 PM
Hello,
I am using Kubuntu 19.10 and I installed mysql workbench (from apt and directly from mysql site) and I cannot connect to database.
When I am creating a connection and hit "Test connection" an error occur which says

the name org.freedesktop.secrets was not provided by any .service files

As I read about it tries to find the gnome-keyring for storing the password.

I can install it but I do not know if it will break or collate with something on my machine.
I have no idea if kde has something simillar and it is no good idea to install it.

SeijiSensei
March 1st, 2020, 04:17 PM
KDE has a "wallet" system for storing passwords. (Look in System Settings > Account Details.) I have no idea if that will work with mysqlbench. I usually just run the native SQL clients like mysql or psql from the command prompt and type SQL commands directly. On rare occasions I use Microsoft Access with ODBC.

from apt and directly from mysql site

What does this mean? Surely you don't have both installed. I'd stick to the version in the repositories.

trelozakinthinos
March 1st, 2020, 04:30 PM
I mean that I downloaded through the repository (apt install mysql-workbench) and directly from MySQL site (deb file).
Not both together, one at a time.
So the solution would be the guys that make workbench to include kde wallet? Or can I do something to work.

CelticWarrior
March 1st, 2020, 06:29 PM
I mean that I downloaded through the repository (apt install mysql-workbench) and directly from MySQL site (deb file).

But did you actually installed the -deb you downloaded? If so, supposedly, a newer version superseded the one from the repositories. The actual version you're running is what matters.

trelozakinthinos
March 8th, 2020, 03:34 AM
Sorry for the delay (I do not get email notifications for replies, any ideas)

I purge the installation from the apt. So I installed only the latest now (MySQL Workbench CE (GPL) 8.0.19 CE build 15713499) and from repository is this version (mysql-workbench/eoan 8.0.17+dfsg-1ubuntu2 amd64)
Both the same problem.

Where should I post this? To mysql or ubuntu-team? And how do I do that. I have never done this before.

deadflowr
March 8th, 2020, 05:18 AM
Where should I post this? To mysql or ubuntu-team? And how do I do that. I have never done this before.
For the version from Ubuntu's repository you report it to Ubuntu.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ReportingBugs

The version not from Ubuntu's repository will probably have its own problem reporting mechanism, which I don't know what it is.