PDA

View Full Version : google translate is giving me trouble.

wolftrax
February 20th, 2020, 08:08 PM
I don't know why but google translate sends me mails with a arabic or chinese charset and I cant change google translate so it messes up and I cant read certain links because its translated.
anyone knows how to fix this so I get danish to english or english to danish as default ?

jeremy31
February 21st, 2020, 12:52 AM
Moved to Cafe as this isn't an Ubuntu support issue

wolftrax
February 27th, 2020, 10:24 PM
I been trying everthing I can think of but google tranlate is only in chinese and other strange charsets and the mails I receive from google mail is also in these languages. any one have a idea to what I can do so I get english to danish default again ?

him610
February 27th, 2020, 10:30 PM
Have you tried going into Google Settings - Advanced, Languages, click on the Language then adding or deleting other languages as needed?
If that does not work then contact Google; they are very helpful.

wolftrax
February 28th, 2020, 04:49 PM
yes and I can change it in account so its normal but when I search google translate it remains the same and there is no way to change char set . at least I can log into my account and get normal charset now.

wolftrax
March 1st, 2020, 08:12 PM
where do you get in touch with google directly so I can tell them because it does not help using their standard get help and send feed back menus ?

him610
March 1st, 2020, 11:39 PM
Report an issue on Google Chrome
Click on the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner of Chrome, on the drop down list highlight Help then select Report an Issue...
or ( just noticed this) press Alt + Shift+I (it works)

wolftrax
March 2nd, 2020, 09:22 AM
I am using firefox on kubuntu. when I send a report I got a mail back from google with this header. like all other notifications I get from google. no idea what it means.
ดูข้อมูลเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับข้อกำหนดในการให้บริการฉบ ับปรับปรุง

CelticWarrior
March 2nd, 2020, 02:16 PM
It means "See more information about the revised terms of service" (Google translated).