PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 18.04 on an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 - Onscreen keyboard problem in landscape

dfrandin
February 15th, 2020, 05:26 PM
Wanting a tablet that could run Ubuntu, I recently bought an HP ElitePad 1000 G2 which had Ubuntu 18.04 installed. The tablet works fine under Linux but for ONE glaring problem. When the tablet is being used in landscape, the onscreen keyboard lower portion, including 98% of the spacebar is off the screen on the bottom. If I flip the tablet around and use it in portrait orientation, the entire keyboard is available. Since using the tablet in portrait orientation is a pain, with too much horizonal scrolling needed to see all windows, having this problem in landscape is not optimal.. Is this one of the MANY papercuts I keep hearing that exist in Ubuntu using Gnome or is there an adjustment somewhere to fix this? Never needed/used an onscreen keyboard, so this is new... Any help/ideas?

Thanks

mörgæs
February 16th, 2020, 09:35 AM
Have you tried if it works in a live boot of X/Lubuntu 19.10?

dfrandin
February 16th, 2020, 04:33 PM
No, sure haven't, since this is a tablet and doesn't have USB or a CD drive to boot from... It came with Ubuntu 18.04, which is why I bought it.

dfrandin
February 23rd, 2020, 06:11 PM
Never mind, I bought the tablet on eBay, and it turned out to be defective. Once it gets warmed up, it locks up tight and requires a power cycle every few minutes, so I sent it back...