PDA

View Full Version : Partition

gardnermarquis43
December 11th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Firstly, I apologize if I'm in the wrong section. I'm trying to dual boot Kali to run along with Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. How do I go about doing this. I originally got Ubuntu on my pc via USB. Ubuntu is the main and only OS on my PC at the moment. It has 6gb and also 1tb ssd installed. If anyone can help please comment below.

CatKiller
December 11th, 2019, 02:00 PM
Kali is not something to install and use. As the Kali devs themselves say,

If you are unfamiliar with Linux generally, if you do not have at least a basic level of competence in administering a system, if you are looking for a Linux distribution to use as a learning tool to get to know your way around Linux, or if you want a distro that you can use as a general purpose desktop installation, Kali Linux is probably not what you are looking for.

yancek
December 11th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Kali has a specific use and is not a good system to use as a standard Linux system. It is designed specifically for computer forensics/penetration testing and if you want to use it to study/learn that, better off installing it either to a USB or in VirtualBox or other virtual software. Kali has very extensive documentation and their site is the best place for information on it. Their documentation site is at the link below.

https://www.kali.org/docs/