PDA

View Full Version : Do you watch movies regularly ?

linuxyogi
December 8th, 2019, 05:09 PM
Hi,

Recently I have taken 4 HD english movie channels from my

digital cable provider. I check the schedule at here (http://tvwiz.in/app/app/channelGroups) and here (https://tvscheduleindia.com/) then I watch one movie

everyday. I must say the decision to buy a large screen TV

is really worth the money. I just love Hollywood.

Do you watch movies regularly ?

uRock
December 8th, 2019, 07:14 PM
I usually watch 5-10 movies a week. I started a new job last week and haven't felt like watching TV since. Too mentally drained to even get involved in a movie. Obviously, I am already in search of a new job.

poorguy
December 8th, 2019, 08:23 PM
Sometimes the Wife and I go to lunch and then go to the matinee they are cheap in the afternoon $3.50 per person.

We're retired in our sixties and can do what we want whenever we want and always have enjoyed going to the movies.

We also rent movies from the red box around the corner from us and watch them in the evenings while having a few drinks.

Perfect Storm
December 9th, 2019, 01:37 PM
I rarely watch movies nowadays. When I do it's on Netflix. Games or books are for me.

linuxyogi
December 9th, 2019, 03:44 PM
I rarely watch movies nowadays. When I do it's on Netflix. Games or books are for me.

I too want to give Netflix a try but I can't coz I am using a 4G hotspot with 1.5GB limit per day.

I will be watching this movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC_lnyn2R2Q) tonight on HBO HD.

uRock
December 10th, 2019, 02:29 AM
I too want to give Netflix a try but I can't coz I am using a 4G hotspot with 1.5GB limit per day.

I will be watching this movie (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC_lnyn2R2Q) tonight on HBO HD.

Netflix doesn't use as much as you may think. My phone plan had a 10GB a month limit and I never went over it while watching Breaking Bad for 5 hours a day.

linuxyogi
December 10th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Netflix doesn't use as much as you may think. My phone plan had a 10GB a month limit and I never went over it while watching Breaking Bad for 5 hours a day.

We will be moving to a new home soon. I will give Netflix a try then. Thanks.

sdsurfer
December 10th, 2019, 03:37 PM
I will give Netflix a try then.

We refuse to pay for cable and have a digital antenna, so outside of a classic B/W here and there the only movie watching we do is on Netflix. Never come close to using up our bandwidth and we use the HD option.

If there is one recommendation I can make on Netflix it is the Netflix/Black Mirror production Bandersnatch. (I hope it's still available.)

As a movie the plot is so-so, but the way it is produced is an entirely new concept, I've yet to see anything like it. You watch for a while and at one point you get to **choose** the direction the movie takes with your remote. At first it's simple: "does he choose the Post Toasties or Cheerios?" "Does he listen to this music or that music?" As it goes on it gets more and more complex, and at the end . . . you literally have to find your way out to the end the movie. I'm hoping they come up with more!

Tadaen_Sylvermane
December 10th, 2019, 08:23 PM
We are at 1016 movies and counting on our server. The wife watches them regularly. I do not. I can't sit still that long. Kodi makes managing these a breeze.

robbdt
December 11th, 2019, 09:56 PM
I'm the ADD type that has movies / Netflix on in the background. Average 1 movie a day. And I binge everything on the Comedy Central website regularly.

dons1955
December 14th, 2019, 03:11 PM
I dont watch movies because i dont like when something ends in 2hours. even if i liked it previously, whats the point of diving in the world that was presented to you if its about to end in 1-2 hours?
TV series are more interesting, though i replaced tv series with animes. then i got tired with low quality of over 90% animes, and now i barely watch anything. not many things can interest me honestly. after you consume best animes that are there (same with gaming and other product-consuming entertainment) you become very picky and not many things can entertain you.

sofiee
December 15th, 2019, 03:54 AM
I have not watched a movie for the last 20 years, x

wolftrax
December 15th, 2019, 09:03 PM
every morning when I wake up I get coffee and then I turn on my computer and put one of my DVDs on and watch it. sometimes find something on youtube like documentaries or something in the evening.
the second hand store we got sells four DVDs for 10 kr which means I can build a collection of DVDs very quickly and the ones I dont want to watch again are very cheap when considering the times when you could rent movies for
50 kr and then have 24 hours to watch them before you had to return them.

the library has free music and movies and you can borrow it for a month and off course I rip the titles I like so I have it on my HD when I want to watch /listen to it again. I always strive to get the movies and music I listen to as originals so I have the cover and original CD/DVD in my collection but some movies are so old and hard to get I cant buy them anywhere.

last time I got lucky in the second hand stores was when I found Cypress hill black sunday and that was a very good day because I been looking for that for a long time.

I never watch television and I did not own a television for many years until I got a DVD player and a television set just to be able to watch a movie once in a while.

its nice waking up in the morning and just sit and drink coffee with no background noise or anything and listen to the birds when they start singing . I get up as early as 3 or 4 in the morning usually around 5 and after sometime I want to watch a movie or do something but its still so quiet outside and dark that I cant do anything else than drink coffee and watch movies or just use the computer to search the net .

in the evening before I go to bed if I am really worn out I might watch a Documentary or something I find educational on youtube. Movies are just something I collected for many years so off course I watch a movie once in a while but these days its one each morning . its winter and dark and cold outside so after waking up there is not much else to do.

Tadaen_Sylvermane
December 18th, 2019, 02:04 AM
last time I got lucky in the second hand stores was when I found Cypress hill black sunday and that was a very good day because I been looking for that for a long time.

isn't it great when you finally find something. i try to only buy used dvds and cds for my collection. pawn shops, thrift stores, swap meet. very very few of my collection is new from amazon. revised count of movies as of today is 1022. I found the 1993 Dennis the Menace movie today with Walter Mathau. I've been looking for it for 4 years or so since we started this collection.

marokah
December 23rd, 2019, 10:20 AM
I do. Just finished watching last last week Jumanji 2 and Frozen 2 hehe