PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] flickering gnome tweak window

tojonukokhadush
October 26th, 2019, 06:19 PM
the gnome tweak window keeps flickering between two windows as shown in the screenshots in such an annoying way that clicking on any of the menus becomes impossible and the only option is to press alt+f4 to finally shut it down. this might be a bug of 19.10 system because just to avoid this problem i reinstalled the system via bootable disk which was network upgraded earlier; but the problem still existed. that's annoying. help is appeciated. thank you.

what did i realize recently is this is happening with all setting windows :lolflag::lolflag:

tea for one
October 26th, 2019, 10:35 PM
If the screen flickering allows you, try and turn Animations to On

tojonukokhadush
October 27th, 2019, 03:14 AM
On turning the animation on the window title bar goes blank as shown in the screenshots. and to recover from that i need to hide and bring back the window again or just traverse through the applications. seems that 19.10 has many issues https://ubuntuforums.org/images/icons/icon8.pnghttps://ubuntuforums.org/images/icons/icon8.png

tojonukokhadush
October 27th, 2019, 06:27 AM
is it only with me or did anyone realize the flickering setting window when the cursor hovers over it and more specifically in gnome tweak window.

also the window title turning blank when the animation is turned on. (screenshot)

uRock
October 27th, 2019, 04:08 PM
Duplicate threads merged. Please don't make duplicate threads on the same issue.

I do not see that issue in the tweaks window. I recently created a screenrecord that included Gnome Tweaks.

tojonukokhadush
October 27th, 2019, 04:23 PM
i have the screencast of my problem. please how can i share that here. hope you will consider after watching that.

1fallen
October 27th, 2019, 04:26 PM
one method is to upload to youtube and then link it here with a URL.

uRock
October 27th, 2019, 04:30 PM
You have to upload your video somewhere else, then post the link in a thread. If you think the issues you're seeing are bugs, then Ubuntu Forums isn't the right place to report them. Bugs are reported via launchpad. The developers do not visit the forums.

I am not denying that you are having issues with apps, I'm just not having those issues.

tojonukokhadush
October 27th, 2019, 05:06 PM
okay. thank you.