PDA

View Full Version : Cant install ubuntu19.10 on asus ux431f duo to graphical problem

yotam3
October 24th, 2019, 02:27 PM
Hello everybody, just bought a new asus zenbook model ux431f with nvidia mx150.
I downloaded the new version 19.10 and try to install the system from live usb (made from another Ubuntu 18.04). I already have windows 10 and want to install Ubuntu beside
After i boot from the usb, i saw the text menu in bad resolution and quality. when i choose something, the screen freeze and nothing happened. It happend twice, ones when i tried to install and second when i tried to use the live system.
I think it might be problem with the drivers of Nvidia mx150 because the frozen screen.

The life usb works on other computers.
Thank you very much for the help.

mörgæs
October 25th, 2019, 12:20 PM
Have you tried boot options like nomodeset?

yotam3
October 25th, 2019, 02:23 PM
No, actually I didn't. What is that options? I saw the sticky subject here in the forum but can't find any practical solutions. Where can i read about it? Thanks alot

mörgæs
October 25th, 2019, 09:51 PM
For example here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Kernel/KernelBootParameters#Temporarily_Add_a_Kernel_Boot _Parameter_for_Testing

yotam3
October 26th, 2019, 02:22 PM
i tried it now, just complete to install ubuntu after i boot with nomodeset option.
the install was ok, no problems.
but now,after the reset when i try to boot into the ubuntu, again i get black screen.
how can i fixed it? is it possible to install the nvidia drivers or something like this?
thank you for the help

yotam3
October 26th, 2019, 02:36 PM
have another problem now.
every time when i tried to boot windows, bitlocker ask me for key recovery and the next reboot also ask me for this key.
in ubuntu, the nomodeset option did not work now.

mörgæs
October 26th, 2019, 10:29 PM
Let's see more hardware info. In a live boot, with or without boot options, please copy
sudo lshw -sanitize > lshw.txt and paste it to the command line, run it and post the contents of lshw.txt in CODE tags.