PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful song & beautiful performance that I wanted to share

dolny
August 24th, 2006, 05:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2kk-v7NLr4 ... I just love the song and the performance... Ah, young Eddie. Pearl Jam was amazing back then. I still like them but I think their albums are not so good anymore. Anyway, I wish more people had the same views as Eddie and Bob Dylan (concerning war). This song gives me shivers.

Onyros
August 24th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Nice!! Thanks for the link, dolny! I had the song in mp3 format, but had never seen the video :D

I'm going to watch their gig here next September (5th), but I was really a Pearl Jam fan from their beginning back in 91, I love the early albums (Ten being my favourite).

And I'll be watching TOOL (my favourite band), November 5th here in Lisbon, and am still considering travelling to Madrid to watch them as well.

Boomy
August 24th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the link. That whole era was full of great music. It's like the record companies just let artists have full creative freedom for a change. Of course it only lasted a few years. I agree they aren't as good now as they were in the beginning, but what artist is? I think when the angst of youth fades, the fire of creativity dies down.

dolny
August 24th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I think when the angst of youth fades, the fire of creativity dies down.

Very well put. (<- hm, is this correct English? ;P )