PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Stickers

Brunellus
April 6th, 2005, 10:55 AM
I know, there's an Ubuntu cafepress store, but c'mon. US$4.50 for one oval sticker is ridiculous. I don't need a sticker that big...I'm running out of fpace on my case to put it on. I wish I had a little ubuntu sticker, maybe 50x20mm or so, just like the little SuSE one I had (it came in the box w/ SuSE). These shouldn't be too terribly expensive....

Shambler
April 6th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Well, for SuSE, being a commercial distro, I think it's normal that you get a sticker "for free" within the box. Whereas, Ubuntu is free as in beer. And that's the point: for people that want a fancy sticker, I think $4.50 is a price that's ok. Guys, if you get an OS totally for free, I think there's no issue in donating a few to them. Or am I false?

Brunellus
April 6th, 2005, 11:29 AM
I'd get a sticker, but the stickers available are *huge*. Seriously, all I'd be looking for is a tiny little sticker...I'll revise my estimate down....30x30mm, with the ubuntu logo/name on it, just to stick on computers I've put ubuntu on. Gotta represent, after all, homes.

I figure US$4.50 for five of those would be doable, right?

sas
April 6th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Well, for SuSE, being a commercial distro, I think it's normal that you get a sticker "for free" within the box. Whereas, Ubuntu is free as in beer. And that's the point: for people that want a fancy sticker, I think $4.50 is a price that's ok. Guys, if you get an OS totally for free, I think there's no issue in donating a few to them. Or am I false?

Yeah but cafepress pocket a huge percentage of that money, so it's not really donating...

Potemkin
April 6th, 2005, 10:45 PM
There's a British company called Funkyputers which makes Ubuntu badges of the size you want for £1.24 (about $2). Check out their store on eBay at Funkyputers eBay shop (http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=ubuntu&srchdesc=y&sid=18592023&store=funkyputers&colorid=0&fp=0&st=1&submit=Search). I don't know what the postage costs to the USA would be, but you could email them to find out. I recently bought one of their badges, and I'm very happy with the quality of the badge and the speed of service.