PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

linuxyogi
September 12th, 2019, 03:10 AM
Hi,

The house that I am presently residing is in a congested area.
The gap between 2 houses is very narrow.

When I watch my TV using its in built speakers there's no problem
but when I play music or watch movies using my computer's
2.1 speaker system my neighbors complain,

Despite the complaints I still continue listening to music with
full bass.

Do you have the liberty to listen to music or watch movies with hifi audio ?

Skaperen
September 12th, 2019, 03:18 AM
i might, but i don't have equipment like that. i have a set of noise cancelling headphones.

Shibblet
September 12th, 2019, 07:40 PM
Flat panel televisions keep getting skinnier and skinnier. That means the speakers do as well. At the very least, get yourself a sound-bar to go along with your new 4K panels. It makes all the difference in the world. I would compare it to the difference between a PC internal speaker vs some desktop speakers. Anything is better than the PC Internal speaker.

overdrank
September 12th, 2019, 08:27 PM
After 40 years of construction heavy equipment I use a 1000 wat home theater system when watching TV.

poorguy
September 12th, 2019, 11:29 PM
I've lived in the same house and neighborhood for over 40 years.

The trick is to get to know your neighbors and invite them over on movie / TV night and all is well.

The nights that you are enjoying movies and TV without neighbors they don't bother you .

I own 3 lots and live in the middle lot so I don't worry about bothering my neighbors although we get along very well.

QIII
September 12th, 2019, 11:51 PM
After 24 years of explosives, heavy equipment, firearms and artillery in the Army ... If I can see the windows rattling, I can hear the TV.

If you don't like it, get off my lawn. Scratch that. Just get off my lawn.

pteryges
September 13th, 2019, 02:43 AM
Within the laws of your locality, you have the right to do whatever you want in your home. There are things you can't do, though, like improperly install a new gas line, because that could endanger the people around you.

Same with music: You can play the music when you want, when you want. But when you start to impact your neighbors quality of life, you begin to cross the line between your personal freedom and the community in which you live. If you want the freedom to so whatever you want, whenever you want, move to the middle of a field somewhere.

TheFu
September 13th, 2019, 03:20 AM
Different places in the world have different noise laws. The laws in my part of the world allow almost any volume from 7am until 10pm. Part of being a good neighbor is respecting each others desire for peace and being understanding when neighbors can't or won't be quiet from time to time. Talk to them. Work something out.

Skaperen
September 13th, 2019, 03:44 AM
i once had neighbors below me playing loud booming "music" at times. i found it only took about 10 watts of 6.99 MHz RF to a dipole laying across the floor to totally disrupt their audio (buzzing and squealing). they soon quit doing that.

Frogs Hair
September 13th, 2019, 04:17 AM
I don't enjoy movies at high volume and am protective of my good hearing. This includes wearing ear plugs in movie theaters. I do play guitar and besides the occasional screaming feedback session I keep it pretty tame and in the basement.

:guitar:

ryansenn
September 13th, 2019, 08:33 AM
I used to have extremely noisy neighbours a few years ago so I'm very aware of how annoying it can be. So yeah I'm self conscious about it now and tend to keep it down.