PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mate] Never seen this before. Highlight not working.

OpenSage
September 11th, 2019, 12:39 AM
Hello, I have new install. It is Ubuntu Mate 19.04 with the Unity7 desktop environment. So of course I have had a few strange issues so far, but I have never seen this issue in all of my days of computing. I am so used to clicking 2 times to highlight a word, or clicking 3 times to highlight a sentence. Neither of which are working right now. I first noticed it in FireFox trying to highlight a URL. When that didn't work I tried it to highlight text on the page. When that didn't work I opened a text editor and it did not work there either. I can select text with a mouse and highlight it by right clicking and dragging the mouse over what I want highlighted, it is just the quick clicks are not working. Any ideas? Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Skaperen
September 11th, 2019, 12:43 AM
can you do quick clicks in xev?

OpenSage
September 11th, 2019, 12:58 AM
I tired it in xev, but I have never used it before and I don't really know what I am looking for. It is giving the time and position of the mouse button press and then the position of the mouse as I move the mouse and the time and position of the release of the mouse button. If I do rapid clicking it does register all of them.

OpenSage
September 11th, 2019, 02:19 AM
Solved. It was a double click speed setting. It had been changed from in the middle of a sliding scale of slow to fast, to all the way on the fast side of the slider.

Skaperen
September 11th, 2019, 05:27 AM
xev would have shown if any clicks were lagged or missing. gotta subtract the timing or just watch it. it's a useful tool if you develop interactive GUI apps.