PDA

View Full Version : How many friends do you have ?

linuxyogi
September 10th, 2019, 03:28 AM
I used to have 7-8 friends. All of them have left the country due to job related reasons.

Now I have no friends at all. All I do in spare time is watch TV and browse the web.

Life right now is really boring.

How many friends do you have ?

QIII
September 10th, 2019, 03:51 AM
I suspect that I used to have a friend.

wildmanne39
September 10th, 2019, 03:55 AM
I had people that called themselves my friend but they never really were.

Skaperen
September 10th, 2019, 04:04 AM
friends come and go. mostly go. all my old friends are old, like me. a few have even passed away. i did find one on the internet but not how to communicate with him.

malspa
September 10th, 2019, 04:11 AM
753,142. Give or take 2 or 3.

Skaperen
September 10th, 2019, 04:20 AM
i'll take one :)

PJs Ronin
September 10th, 2019, 06:31 AM
I have 1, and she's freakin brilliant. Hopefully, come November, I shall change my ways and become such a wonderful person that new friends will flock to my side. Or, not.

rajeevs2
September 10th, 2019, 06:49 AM
If you want to change that you need to make an effort.

echotech2
September 10th, 2019, 10:34 AM
If I include my cat: 1

poorguy
September 10th, 2019, 03:48 PM
Life right now is really boring.

Boring is good and predictable imo.

I used to have a lot of friends and than I got married and started a family and throughout the years friends became acquaintances which we only see every now and then.

Tadaen_Sylvermane
September 10th, 2019, 05:44 PM
A handful that I'm quite close to, at least as close as I can. I have difficulty dealing with people in general so I know that the people that call themselves my friend really are. They put up with my oddities quite well. When I was out of town for a week a month ago, one of my friends really saved me when I started freaking out and having panic attacks.

My wife is my best friend though, followed closely by my parents. Can't forget the dog as well, he looks after me very well.

overdrank
September 10th, 2019, 06:04 PM
I have one good friend for over 50 years and the rest give or take them, :popcorn:

sdsurfer
September 10th, 2019, 06:33 PM
I have one good friend for over 50 years and the rest give or take them, :popcorn:

Wasn't going to respond until this post. :-D Same here. I have one friend from high school who is really a brother from another mother. We now live thousands of miles away and still call once or twice a week, almost 55 years now.

Everyone else? They never were really my "friends." Everyone I've ever met wants something, whether it's real tangible things or for you to just agree with whatever reasons they hang onto why the world is out to get them, to provide co-dependent support for their demons. Others are just too self absorbed to care about anyone but themselves, friendships are shallow and meaningless. Even when they care about someone like a wife, husband, or child it's really just a pawn in their lives to show everyone how awesome they are, to post a pic on Facebook lol . . .

May sound depressing but it's not, really. I don't hold it against any of them, nor is it worth my time to worry about it. Some people just don't deserve to be in our lives.

uRock
September 12th, 2019, 12:29 AM
I moved to another state 6 months ago. The only friends I have now are the wife, the kid, the dog, two cats, and the hobo spider living in my garage.

I do have people who were close friends over the years, but they're just "Facebook friends" nowadays.

linuxyogi
September 12th, 2019, 03:19 AM
My wife is my best friend though

That's just awesome. Wish you a happy married life.

I am at the moment living in a rented house. We will be moving to our own house within a year.
Then I will get married.