PDA

View Full Version : what do you ask the first aliens?

Skaperen
September 7th, 2019, 04:13 AM
a small craft you do not recognize lands and soon a couple aliens in unfamiliar spacesuits waddle out. they begin speaking in your native tongue and first say "we have studied your planet and figured out your way of speaking." then they say "would you like to ask us any questions?" what would you ask?

QIII
September 7th, 2019, 04:16 AM
How do you get sticky labels cleanly off of the electronic device you just bought?

QIII
September 7th, 2019, 04:19 AM
Why is it that you can take all the care in the world rolling up an extension cord properly, but the next time you want to use it you find that it is hopelessly tied in knots?

Irihapeti
September 7th, 2019, 04:27 AM
How do you get sticky labels cleanly off of the electronic device you just bought?

No, how do you get into the packaging (tidily) to get to the sticky label in the first place.

QIII
September 7th, 2019, 04:35 AM
Speaking of packaging, why does a small item like a thumb drive get delivered to your door in layers of impenetrable plastic, packed in three progressively larger cardboard boxes full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap?

PJs Ronin
September 8th, 2019, 12:51 AM
You chose Earth?

1fallen
September 8th, 2019, 12:58 AM
You chose Earth?

:lolflag: Bogle's the Mind don't it

uRock
September 8th, 2019, 05:53 PM
"Have you collected all of the Infinity Stones?"

poorguy
September 9th, 2019, 03:59 AM
:lolflag: Bogle's the Mind don't it

It really does.:lolflag:

mastablasta
September 9th, 2019, 07:23 AM
a small craft you do not recognize lands and soon a couple aliens in unfamiliar spacesuits waddle out. they begin speaking in your native tongue and first say "we have studied your planet and figured out your way of speaking." then they say "would you like to ask us any questions?" what would you ask?

do you drink coffee with or without sugar?

Speaking of packaging, why does a small item like a thumb drive get delivered to your door in layers of impenetrable plastic, packed in three progressively larger cardboard boxes full of packing peanuts and bubble wrap?

this one is easy. it's the smallest box they had in storage. we have the same problem. the smallest box is about 15x15x15 cm (15cm is about 6 in). customers can order single part. mostly for parts we sell these are suitable boxes. but then you have a customer ordering 5 screws or a screwdriver. so they get this big box with a lot of bubble wrap or paper added to it. well actually for screws we use reinforced envelopes if they are small enough. even reinforced envelopes are sometimes large compared to the part.

add steam. :D

Why is it that you can take all the care in the world rolling up an extension cord properly, but the next time you want to use it you find that it is hopelessly tied in knots?

this one is puzzling to me as well. you know those cable behind the desktop PC. they are always on the same place. no one moves them around. no one touches them. how do they get entangled? then i am cleaning, i sort them out and again, few months later there is a mess back there. i think some of these aliens must be doing it during their night studies of humanity. kind of as a test of our patience and sanity. or how long will it take to make us go insane.

sdsurfer
September 9th, 2019, 02:56 PM
Will you take me with you when you leave?

Dev'olution
September 11th, 2019, 09:22 AM
Surely, confirmation of this would have to be up there?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/fa8e6148b4976ad8ef5436b2f66709df/tenor.gif?itemid=11549227

echotech2
September 11th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Are zebras black with white stripes or white with black stripes?