PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] After upgrading to 19.04 Epson tx135 does not print characters only images

xyko
August 9th, 2019, 10:50 PM
Hi all,
I`m facing that problem after upgrading to 19.04. My Epson TX135 only prints images not text. I have excluded the printer, reinstalled the drivers from epson`s support site, added the printer again and not solved the bug. I looked to CUPS error log and saw a command setting fontspath to a directory that does not exist (/usr/share/cups/fonts).
Any help?
Thanks in advance

dino99
August 10th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I have no skill with that hardware, but you might try first with the
printer-driver-escpr driver from the ubuntu archive to avoid non standard install path and use other custom ubuntu settings. Do purge the previous packages installed from source.

xyko
August 10th, 2019, 11:46 AM
Dino99, thanks for your help. I have already done what you sugest with no success. It is important to say that all was working fine with the previous version, 18.10. Regards.

him610
August 12th, 2019, 01:47 AM
xyko,
In this file, /usr/share/cups/cups-files.conf.default
there these two commented lines...

# Location of fonts used by older print filters...
#FontPath /usr/share/cups/fonts

Make sure the FontPath line includes the crunch(#) at the beginning.

xyko
August 13th, 2019, 02:21 AM
Thanks for your help hom610. I had a very busy day, I will check this conf file asap. Regards.

xyko
August 13th, 2019, 06:21 PM
Hi hom610.
Yes, my /usr/share/cups/cups-files.conf.default has those lines as you wrote. FontPath is a commented line.
Regards,