PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] system display setting problem

jgw
July 14th, 2019, 04:34 PM
This system, when booting, says its kubuntu. Its actually Ubuntu AND Kubuntu (installed kde over ubuntu). In addition I control my complete system with a denon receiver. I go from an input frm a dish network box to input from a computer. I have no control of my desktop when watching dish network. I do when switching to computer output. When in computer mode my device 3840x2160 scaled to 200%. I have been running this system for several years with little problem.

Now, however, when I move from the computer to dish, and then back to the computer the scaling changes from 200% to 100%. This also means that I must re-scale my desktop everytime I switch between the two (because, at a scale of 100% icons, etc. are teeny and not easy to see). I have no idea why this might be happening but suspect the ubuntu/kubuntu thing.

Any thoughts on this one?

Thank you.................

jgw
July 15th, 2019, 04:38 PM
I just turned my machine all the way off. I then turned it on again and booted to recovery mode then got to the menu to fix things, clean the system, update boot grub uploader, etc. ran everything but fsck and booted up. The screen was not right, warned about that when I did the fixes so I re-booted. This time it came up right (200% scale) so I guess I solved my own problem!

Will mark this as solved...............