PDA

View Full Version : Camping to relieve stress

1fallen
June 25th, 2019, 06:05 PM
Taking some time off to clear the head and soul.
Fishing, Camping, and Hiking, Mrs 1fallen and I are taking advantage of to experience the cool evenings and starry skies in famed national parks.
Had to raise our food in a tree in a couple of spots though, to keep that pesky Yogi bear out of it. :D
No crowds, no noise, no light noise--just you and the desert and the mountain meadows.

cruzer001
June 25th, 2019, 06:20 PM
Camping where I live is big business and the campgrounds are always busy. But we know our way around and can have a mountain to are self :)

Enjoy

1fallen
June 25th, 2019, 06:32 PM
Enjoy

Thanks and will do. ;)
On day 2 now, and not seen anyone else within a mile or so from us.
Pure heaven! :D Far Far from any crowds.

QIII
June 25th, 2019, 06:33 PM
When a Griz sees food hanging in a tree, he snickers and backs off into the bushes a bit and waits for a tasty human to come along intending to lower it.

1fallen
June 25th, 2019, 06:44 PM
When a Griz sees food hanging in a tree, he snickers and backs off into the bushes a bit and waits for a tasty human to come along intending to lower it.

Yep I like Bear meat though>>>LOL
Keeps the faint of heart away from us, though Mrs 1fallen wakes me a couple of times at nite to see if anything is in our camp site. (She's just a timid little thing.);)
The Wild life is just amazing, a site to see. (With caution)

QIII
June 25th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Did you bring sneakers so you can stop to put them on before running away from the bear?

lazarocarroll
June 25th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the Laugh ("I like Bear meat")

It's been 3-4 years sense I've been camping hope you have been enjoying every min.

1fallen
June 25th, 2019, 07:04 PM
Did you bring sneakers so you can stop to put them on before running away from the bear?

Nope, Jake is all I need. (Kidding of course)
And Thanks lazarocarroll, I most definitely am. :)

oldos2er
June 25th, 2019, 07:17 PM
I prefer relieving stress rather than reliving it, but maybe that's just me.

:D

1fallen
June 25th, 2019, 07:20 PM
I prefer relieving stress rather than reliving it, but maybe that's just me.

:D

:lolflag: see how relaxed I am. Thanks for keeping me on my toes.:)
The rule "(i) before (e) except after (c)"

poorguy
June 25th, 2019, 10:22 PM
Enjoy your camping trip the Wife and I used to camp out with the kids a lot however now in our sixties we camp out at the family farm inside the small one room cabin.

We bring the 22 revolvers along and do some target shooting and sometimes may even do some fishing.

TheFu
June 26th, 2019, 06:37 PM
I see you like to rough it. Guessing you didn't hike in a few miles with all that kit. ;)

Some wildlife and dead-life from some backpacking and camping.
These photos aren't zoomed. All less than 20ft away.

1fallen
June 27th, 2019, 03:10 AM
Definitely drove in, your right and there was a little more not shown in the picture.
But to clear this up a bit on the Bears where I'm at.
Black bears are currently the only bear found in Utah.
Black bears aren’t always black—their color can vary from white to black to every shade of brown.
Meat makes up less than 10 percent of a typical black bear’s diet, and much of that is scavenged carcasses and insects. The rest of its diet is typically nuts, berries, grasses and other plants.
We are very consciousness of our environment, we leave it better than we found it.
Had a Park Ranger stop and share some supper with us (Dutch Oven Cooking, Yum), Good People.
One more nite and then home, but had a very pleasant stay so far.
Thanks for all the reply's, you all are awesome.

QIII
June 27th, 2019, 04:49 AM
You've never heard the joke about the two guys who encountered a bear in the woods? Sneakers?

oldos2er
June 27th, 2019, 05:07 AM
Have a great time 1fallen.

wildmanne39
June 27th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Have lots of fun, it is awesome camping out, I did it three weeks ago for three days, didn't go exactly has planned but had a great time anyway.

oneleded
June 27th, 2019, 10:44 AM
aint nothing better than being outdoors, not just outside, though i like that, but back to the basics, sort of. i got an old cotton sear's tent, or what ever they were made of back then. when i get it out, i spray the silicone stuff on it, so as it dont leak. i like that tent. the night sound's. i'll skip the bear part though. throw a line, go hunting, i like that too. explore the woods, the list goes on

1fallen
June 27th, 2019, 04:13 PM
You've never heard the joke about the two guys who encountered a bear in the woods? Sneakers?

No I guess not. I remember this one though.

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his phone and calls the emergency services. He gasps, "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says "Calm down. I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead." There is a silence, then a gun shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says "OK, now what?" :confused:

Oh Ok, now i do after a search.
Two campers are walking through the woods when a huge brown bear suddenly appears in the clearing about 50 feet in front of them. The bear sees the campers and begins to head toward them. The first guys drops his backpack, digs out a pair of sneakers, and frantically begins to put them on. The second guys says, "What are you doing? Sneakers won’t help you outrun that bear." "I don't need to outrun the bear," the first guy says. "I just need to outrun you."
I knew you was referring to joke earlier but nothing came to mind till just now. :D Good One!

bunny9000
July 11th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Glad you had a good time, but it really does depend on the site / location. Camping can be brilliant and terrible.