PDA

View Full Version : Reconfiguring the defualt mount option

sonny
April 6th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Hi, I don't know if this is the right forum to post this, but here I go. I'm a not-so-newbe user of Linux, I'm aware of some intermedium stuff, but I'm not a programer. My problem is that everytime I insert my usb memory kubuntu can't load it, says something about missing folder (the default mounting point I guess), therefore I always have to mount it myself, I always say to my friends that you can configure everything in Linux, and so I want to reconfigure the way it mounts my usb memory, so I won't have to mount it myself every single time I plug it in.

If I have to do a bit of coding it's fine as long as you give me a super-dummy-guide to do it myself, but if the coding is too much, or have to recompile my kernel, or that kind of stuff you just have to tell me: "Kid your'e not ready for that kind of knowledge, come back when your (synonymous of crazy people consisting of 4 letters) have grown big", and I'll understand and keep mounting myself.

Thank you in advanced for the help.

nad
April 8th, 2005, 08:09 AM
Look at Computer -> Desktop Preferences -> Removable Storage to change these settings.

Dan M