PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a way to disable the "clock"/notifications lock screen?

kpatz
May 31st, 2019, 01:22 AM
In 16.04 (Unity), when the screen locks, it goes directly to a screen with the password prompt. To unlock, I type in my password, hit enter, done.

In 18.04 and 19.04 (Gnome), the screen locks to a page with a clock on it, and notifications if any. I have to then hit enter, or click and drag "up" with the mouse to get rid of this page and get to the password prompt.

I find this an annoying extra step. If I want to use the lock screen for security, it's an extra click/drag or key to hit before I can enter my password and unlock the desktop. Is there a way to turn this off and just have it go directly to the password prompt page like in 16.04?

mc4man
June 2nd, 2019, 07:27 AM
It seems that's the way Gnome's (gnome-shell) lock screen works. I'd think your option is,

Go to settings > privacy > Lock Screen, turn automatic lock screen off. (and maybe the rest.
Then just use binding to lock, i.e, super+L This should briefly show the lock screen & then blank the screen. A button press will bring to password screen.
(- note that any button pressed is entered in password box so either use the enter key or just start typing password. A mouse movement seems to open the orig. lock screen..