PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Double click timing - Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS

jhboards
May 12th, 2019, 01:59 PM
Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS - in the last few days my double click time [interval] between clicks has increased slightly [to about 1/3 of a second]. Now, I have to "click, pause, click" to execute a double click. I have gone into universal access. Slider was already at max to the right. I tried moving it to the middle and extreme left and trying the result. Oddly, this had no effect on double clicking speed [interval] - it was neither slower or faster despite the changed slider settings. Anyone with this issue or a solution? Thanks!

Autodave
May 13th, 2019, 12:26 AM
Just a thought: try another mouse. Also, how many USB items do you have connected? You may be running out of power from the power supply. To wit: I had a desktop that did a very similar thing like your's is doing. It ended up being a bad HD that was going bad and drawing way too much amperage. This caused the 5V line to drop too low. I kinda found this out accidentally because I had 2 other mouses (mice?) with me and instantly tried replacing the mouse with one that I had. Same problem. I had one other mouse, but it was an old style with the roller ball inside (no laser). This mouse worked! It worked because it did not require the power to power the laser in the other 2 mice. Replacing the HD eventually fixed the problem and I could use a laser mouse.

If you have other USB items connected, try disconnecting all of them and see if the mouse clicks are normal. If then normal, you either have too many things connected, a weak PSU, or something else going bad internally.

jhboards
May 13th, 2019, 02:04 PM
I will check this out, thanks!