PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 15_04 does not boot on usb stick, error 14

ferris27
April 20th, 2019, 04:03 PM
I have downlaoded Ubuntu 15_04 and created a usb stick through linux live usb creator.
After booting, this happens, look at the image.

PC: Intel i3 8100 and AMD RX 580 GPU, ASUS 360 Mainboard.

can be deltetd, got running latest version.

Autodave
April 20th, 2019, 04:09 PM
15.04 was dead a long time ago since that is a short term release. The latest long term release (LTS) is 18.04.

Every 2 years, a long term service release is made. 18.04 was the last one: released during the 4th month of 2018, hence the name 18.04. The next LTS release will be in 2020 during the 4th month. In the meantime, a new, short term release will be issued every 6 months. These short term releases are only supported until the next short term release. However, the LTS releases are supported for 5 years. It is always best to stick with the LTS releases. When it comes time to upgrade one of those, I have always found it easier and quicker to just backup what I need to keep, wipe out what is there, and do a clean install.

So, before doing anything else, get a copy of an 18.04 release and try installing that. Are you planning on Ubuntu being the only operating system on the machine or are you going to dual boot with Windows?