PDA

View Full Version : How to switch to dash to panel under 18.04

allcoms
April 19th, 2019, 11:50 AM
I'm not a big fan of the default Ubuntu GNOME interface so I have been using MATE/XFCE but I would like to know how to cleanly install dash to panel under 18.04 GNOME.

I have got dash to panel installed fine under 18.04 but the panel is a mess and I couldn't figure out how to remove the unneeded "Show Applications" icon and then there are other unwanted artefacts such as an 'Applications' menu that doesn't do anything etc etc. I tried installing the standard gnome3 session but that didn't help clear up the mess caused by installing dash to panel under 18.04.

Is there a guide on how to do this and get a clean, usable GNOME desktop interface under 18.04?

Frogs Hair
April 19th, 2019, 03:39 PM
First of all, I don't know of a guide though there are some Youtube videos of the extension. The applications menu is a separate function from dash to panel and won't work. It can be disabled in the tweak tool. The show applications icon is used to open dash and can't be disabled though the icon can be changed. There is an option to add favorite applications if you want but, you don't have to. The extension looks best running on the top or bottom though I don't remember left or right side were optional.

This is how I had mine set up with custom launcher icon on a netbook.