PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 14.04 server failed to install deb package

aalg
March 13th, 2019, 03:36 AM
Dear all:
I have a machine, which can not access the internet, running ubuntu 14.04 server.
When i try to install packages: ‘dtrx, mono-complete, tree.....’ through apt-get install directly.
I just get the unalbe to loacte error:

E: Unable to locate package dtrx
So i try to download the .deb binaried in some other machine, and then install them using dpkg.
But i get the following errors this time:

root@ubuntu:/home/gan.liu/downloads# dpkg -i dtrx_6.6-1.2_all.deb Selecting previously unselected package dtrx.(Reading database ... 69548 files and directories currently installed.)Preparing to unpack dtrx_6.6-1.2_all.deb ...Unpacking dtrx (6.6-1.2) ...dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dtrx: dtrx depends on p7zip-full; however: Package p7zip-full is not installed. dtrx depends on cabextract; however: Package cabextract is not installed. dtrx depends on unshield; however: Package unshield is not installed.
dpkg: error processing package dtrx (--install): dependency problems - leaving unconfiguredProcessing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1) ...Errors were encountered while processing: dtrx

What can i do to get these kind of packages installed ?

Regards!

aalg
March 13th, 2019, 03:43 AM
update error info for easy reading:

root@ubuntu:/home/gan.liu/downloads# dpkg -i dtrx_6.6-1.2_all.deb Selecting previously unselected package dtrx.
(Reading database ... 69548 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack dtrx_6.6-1.2_all.deb ...
Unpacking dtrx (6.6-1.2) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dtrx:
dtrx depends on p7zip-full; however:
Package p7zip-full is not installed.
dtrx depends on cabextract; however:
Package cabextract is not installed.
dtrx depends on unshield; however:
Package unshield is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package dtrx (--install):
dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for man-db (2.6.7.1-1ubuntu1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
dtrx

mastablasta
March 13th, 2019, 08:37 AM
uf.... you need to resolve your dependencies:

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of dtrx:
dtrx depends on p7zip-full; however:
Package p7zip-full is not installed.
dtrx depends on cabextract; however:
Package cabextract is not installed.
dtrx depends on unshield; however:
Package unshield is not installed.

if the server can't be connected to internet you might want to think about having your own repositories.

mtodorov69
March 13th, 2019, 09:01 AM
It seems obvious from the output that dtrx requires p7zip-full, cabextract and unshield at least to be installed.

But it would be better to install automatically rather than manual. dtrx seems to be on the universe repository for trusty (Ubuntu 14.04 server) ... What are the contents of your /etc/apt/sources.list ?

Full list of dtrx's dependencies can be found here: https://packages.ubuntu.com/trusty/utils/dtrx