PDA

View Full Version : Issue installing Ubuntu Studio 18.10

saturnin512
February 8th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Hi everybody,
i am new on this forum. I am musician at home.

I installed this version on a PC 4 core-3GHz, RAM 8 Go, HD SSD 500 Go. The install is very very long (more than 1 hour) and once installed the version runs dramaticaly slowly.
I installed Ubuntu-Mate side by side Studio. The install is quicker and the system runs perfectly.

What's going on ?

slickymaster
February 8th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades for a better fit

Autodave
February 9th, 2019, 03:48 AM
My guess would be that you got a bad download or it got corrupted while burning the .iso. You could try downloading it again and trying. But, everything that is available in the Studio version is also available for Mate, so you may just want to keep Mate.

I would also suggest going with an 18.04 release so that you will not need to upgrade every 6 months. (Saves a LOT of headaches.)

saturnin512
February 9th, 2019, 01:46 PM
I add that I run the same SSD with Ubuntu Studio 18.10 on an another PC and it runs perfectly.

Autodave
February 9th, 2019, 02:24 PM
18.10 is a short term release. These releases (from what I understand) are where new things are tries for the next long term release. These releases should be used assuming that there will be problems with specific elements and/or hardware. I still would try Studio 18.04 and see if the problem persists. Chances are that it will not have issues.