PDA

View Full Version : Where is old warty chocolate background?

skoal
April 5th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I upgraded to Hoary today and miss the old Warty chocolate background in Gnome. It's just a brown background with "Ubuntu" in the bottom right corner.

I've installed some ubuntu-calendar package as discussed in another thread, but I still only get the 2 newer hoary chocolate wallpapers. That's it.

Jad
April 8th, 2005, 09:30 AM
I think ubuntu working hardly to be Linux TOP model, so ubuntu quit eating chocolate, you know they have to have sexy body!

skoal
April 8th, 2005, 09:22 PM
I think ubuntu working hardly to be Linux TOP model, so ubuntu quit eating chocolate, you know they have to have sexy body!
Yes, sir. I agree. Ubuntu is very sexy. In fact, yesterday at the grocery store I think I saw an image of the Ubuntu install CD on the front cover of Cosmopolitan magazine.

However, I'm not talking about any wallpaper or Gnome splash that has the hot looking models embracing eachother and staring up at me to join them...

The wallpaper I'm talking about is the one which shows right after you boot into Gnome. It's a wallpaper background from the Warty install (last week) which is basically just chocolate brown with the word 'Ubuntu' in the lower right corner.

I don't like the radial star vortex looking thing which came with Gnome after I updated to Hoary. I want that simple looking wallpaper from Warty. Until I can find it, I've got my background in Gnome set to some funky looking brown color similar to the teeth from a tobacco smoker. I give up trying different colors until I get that Warty wallpaper...

arno
April 18th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I'm searching the old backgroud as well! So I hope by bringing the topic up again someone feel mercy and point to the location ...

kassetra
April 18th, 2005, 10:04 PM
Have any of you tried downloading the original warty artwork deb file or tar.gz file?

hazza96
April 21st, 2005, 11:47 PM
I have Warty installed on one machine and Hoary installed on another, I found the background you are after and uploaded them to here:

Normal format (http://www.tux.com.au/files/warty-final-ubuntu.png) and Wide screen format (http://www.tux.com.au/files/warty-final-ws-ubuntu.png)

ceti
April 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM
thank you, hazza96.
those are the ones I was looking after for a long time. They are prettier than Hoary's.

ceti