PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu (Pre-install) Training Videos

aleska
August 22nd, 2006, 01:24 AM
While most of you viewing this don't need any help installing Ubuntu, you may know some people who are "thinking" about switching and might need a little hand holding and encouragement.
Now before evangalizing you should probably send them to aysiu's post, Is Ubuntu For You? (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=63315).
Are they still interested? Good! Could they use a little hand-holding or encouragement? If so, I think the following could be very helpful.
Linux.com's Roblimo has posted several how to training videos. They don't presuppose any technical knowledge and know how, but walk you through baby steps from downloading Ubuntu to burning the LiveCD to installing. I won't say that I "needed" them, but I do admit that I viewed them before I converted. Frankly, I think his voice alone makes them fun for viewing.
Unfortunately, they are a little hard to find, so I put organized links to them in one place (http://www.skarulis.com/?p=23) for ease of access and viewing pleasure.
Hopefully someone in your life might find this helpful and it might encourage them to take the plunge!

vyruss
August 22nd, 2006, 03:10 AM
Although they're no use to me, I have to say:

This is a very nice resource for newbies. Thanks a lot for bringing it to our attention!

Compucore
August 22nd, 2006, 03:28 AM
This is a good start gfor Newbiws who do not know what Ubuntu is. And can see it for themselves on how easy it is to install on a computer. Good work there. For those who have already taken a plunge we can easily show this link for those who never seen it or ever installed it on a computer.

Compucore

Adler
November 18th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Hi All,

I've been searching for good Linux / UBUNTU videos.

It seems none of the links work. I'd like to speard the Word, and what I've seen out there is poor quality e.g. YouTube + Google + Myspace Videos, and Others.

I am a Linux addict.

Adler