PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] Ubuntu installation stuck in boot loop

poland2
January 19th, 2019, 07:08 PM
I’ve downloaded the Ubuntu 18.10 ISO from their site and burned it onto a DVD to boot from. However, when I try to boot, the installation won’t begin. The BIOS splash screen takes far longer than usual to disappear, and then it gets stuck on “ISOLinux 6.04 20180907 ETCD_” and won’t progress from there. The computer eventually just restarts, and the same process happens over and over until either I eject the disk or it eventually just boots into the installation of Windows XP that I installed on the laptop with the intent to dual-boot to natively run Windows software. The laptop is not that old though, XP was just the only Windows CD I had lying around to install on it. I tried the disc on my Win7 laptop to see if it would work there, but it did the same thing.
Dell Latitude E6420

poland2
January 20th, 2019, 12:15 AM
[Solution] I decided to try burning a new DVD and was able to boot successfully. I guess somehow the old disc was corrupted in some way. One thing I did do this time was to check the box for “Verify disc after burning” in the Windows utility, so maybe that helped.