PDA

View Full Version : Colour profiles changing or not loading at login

peter-a
January 8th, 2019, 06:42 PM
Hi all. I'm running Ubuntu 18.10, which I just upgraded to in case the problem was fixed from 18.04 but the same thing is happening.

I have two monitors which are colour profiled. Intermittently, when I start my PC, the colour profiles seem to not load, the monitors are dark and discoloured. If I go into the devices settings and turn the colour profiles off and back on, the monitor colours are correct.

This happens on maybe one out of every 5 or 6 boots.

I turned off colour profiles recently to see if that would solve the problem as I only need colour accuracy for some jobs, and the same thing happens. When I booted just now, my main monitor was very dark with a strong blue tint, turning the colour profile on fixed it.

One monitor is connected via DVI, the other via VGA, which is my motherboard limitation.

Sometimes when I boot up my DVI monitor won't display an image, saying that the resolution is out of range. If I turn the monitor itself off and back on, it's fine.

I can't find any similar problems anywhere else in the forums or other sites. Can anyone suggest where to start looking?

If I can't fix the problem then the next best thing would be a script to run at login which resets the colour profiles - any suggestions on how I could do that? It seems colormgr could do that.