PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Freezes on installation when connected to network

erenbkts
January 1st, 2019, 11:48 AM
Upper Note: The problem's cause is not network/network adaptor. Its reason is c-states. I explained the solution on the 2nd post. Mods please change the subject as I wrote on the second post.

Hello,

I am using a Dell Inspiron 15 7577 Gaming Notebook with i5-7300HQ CPU and Nvdia GTX 1050 4GB (not ti). It has 8 GB of RAM installed.

I (correctly) installed ubuntu-18.04.1-desktop-amd64 iso file on my 32 GB Sandisk Flash Drive. I shut down my computer (fully, without fast start-up). Plugged the USB Drive and started it, clicked on F12 and selected the usb drive. GRUB menu showed up, I selected install Ubuntu. did everything well but when it comes to selecting and connecting to a wireless network, I selected it, wrote the password and clicked on connect. And BUM. Notebook turned into a brick. Even my capslock led was not answering when I push on it. Screen on, but not moving a single thing. It is just like a brick.

I shut down the notebook by hold-pressing the power button. I again started with usb but now I selected "Try ubuntu before installing". it was working like a charm TILL I CONNECT.

I am ready to show you every report as you tell me how to do, I am ready to do every solution you give me. I need that ubuntu on my notebook.

My network connection is not making a trouble like this on Windows 10. Also, I want to dual boot these systems.

I will be glad if some answer fix my problem. Thanks for reading. I am now watching this thread to be answered by keep pressing f5 every second.

erenbkts
January 1st, 2019, 02:47 PM
The problem was not being caused by network etc.

The C-states was making a problem (I think after a while cpu disconnects the USB disk for

Solution:

1. I plugged the usb disk on notebook while Windows was on, and in usb disk I opened /boot/grub directory on file explorer.

2. I edited the both grub.cfg and loopback.cfg files with notepad by changing the "try ubuntu without installation" parts lke this:

(you can copy this and paste there)

menuentry "Try Ubuntu without installing" { set gfxpayload=keep
linux /casper/vmlinuz file=/cdrom/preseed/ubuntu.seed boot=casper quiet splash intel_idle.max_cstate=1 ---
initrd /casper/initrd.lz

!. Dont forget. Change these lines on both grub.cfg and loopback.cfg files.

4. Shut down windows (be sure fastboot is disabled)

5. Start PC with USB plugged. select usb . select Try ubuntu w/o installation (first entry on grub menu)

6. The else is the same with a normal installation.

7. After installation, do everything that Zanna says on this page: https://askubuntu.com/questions/794083/ubuntu-16-04-freezes-after-15-to-20-seconds-of-use

Mods please change the subject as "Installation freezes after a while on Dell Inspiron 15 7577". Thanks