PDA

View Full Version : Re: Can't install 18.04 on Lenovo laptop

collectordave1
December 21st, 2018, 12:55 PM
I have a similar problem. Sorted bios to allow boot from usb then checked hard drive and checked memory both tests were all ok.

Started install and chose minimal install. Everything went through ok up to restart now. Cliked this and left it alone for a while. Came back nothing so turned off removed usb stick and started again.

grub 2.02 starts and gives me choices so i chose UBUNTU which then attempts to start but allways ends up with a

{initramfs} prompt

I would really like to run UBUNTU please help

coffeecat
December 21st, 2018, 01:28 PM
Post moved to its own thread.

@collectordave1, please start your own threads. Posting to old ones, especially those with several replies, causes confusion, and you are less likely to get the help you would like.

I've kept the old thread title, but please confirm whether or not you have a Lenovo laptop and provide more information about your hardware.

collectordave1
December 21st, 2018, 01:32 PM
I had a HP pavilion desktop bought monday no good at all so ditched.

I now have a Lenovo Ideapad320 15AST bought yesterday. Not sure about more but can get to bios info if needed.

Regards

CD

PS In my desperation I did find a link on lenovo forums to a LINUX Only bios upgrade with no guarantees but you need windows 10 installed to upgrade the BIOS!!!

collectordave1
December 21st, 2018, 03:41 PM
Just a quick update.

reverted to UBUNTU 16 LTS. Installed and working on Lenovo no need for bios upgrades or anything.

Even got my favourites working. Libre Office and purebasic!

Just not 18.04?

Regards

CD