PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Lenovo Yoga 510-14AST Dual Boot

GaryTheCat
December 17th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Hello

It's been a while - I had Ubuntu running on an old laptop (dual booted with Vista to set the time in context).

I now have a Lenovo Yoga 510-14AST and am growing tired of Windows 10 (I still need to keep it for a few things, hence the wish to dual boot).

I'd read some time ago - or maybe I imagined it - that there were some hardware issues that made a dual boot installation difficult to make work. My google-fu is weak and I can't seem to find a definitive tutorial / guide online of how to dual boot this machine with Win 10 and Ubuntu.

Has anyone had any success (or worse) in dual booting the Lenovo Yoga 510-14AST and if so, could you point me in the direction of some resources?

Ideally, I'd want a separate partition that is accessible from Win 10 and Ubuntu (I managed that with my last machine but can't remember how)

Many thanks

GtC

yancek
December 18th, 2018, 12:56 AM
Ubuntu has a site specifically for that process at the link below. I'd suggest reading through it a couple of times before beginning anything.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI

GaryTheCat
December 19th, 2018, 11:52 PM
Thanks for that I suspect it's going to take a bit of reading and getting my head round. I assume that's 'generic' firmware and manufacturers don't do anything wildly different?