PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Downloading ubuntu linux

zsplexz
December 17th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Hello
So i was thinking recently to switch to linux and im not sure if my hardware is supported Also if u have any tips to new users please tell me
My specs:
cpu:i56600
Graphics card:amd radeon r390
Ram:8gb
MotherBoard:HP Product2B4BVersion1.04
Any help would be appreciated

oldfred
December 17th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Best way to test is just download ISO and use installer to extract & create live installer.
The live installer works as a live system so you test if & how well it works on your system. It will be a bit slower since using USB & Flash. You want to keep live installer then as repair flash drive.

If you have Windows you also want to have a repair/recovery flash drive for it and do good backups before you start modifying system.

General details on entire process in 9 "easy" steps in link in my signature. Be sure to click thru on other links for anything you do not understand, or not sure how to do.

Then for anything you do not fully understand or need a bit more help on, post back.
HP also has not been one of the most friendly at allowing dual boot, but many have installed Ubuntu on HP computers. Some have posted that an update to HP's UEFI has made it easier to dual boot and should be done even if not dual booting.

zsplexz
December 17th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Thank You for helping me