PDA

View Full Version : Downloading network manager on ubuntu

giuliodz
December 8th, 2018, 07:43 PM
Hi guys, i am 14 years old and it is the first time i am using a linux-based machine. I dont know any of the commands to use in the terminal yet. I have just downloaded unbuntu and I made a normal installation (partitioned with windows), but I cannot use wifi (only cabled connection). I dont have network manager either. I saw that I need to download network manager first. So (searching on the internet) I found out that I have to type on the terminal
sudo apk-get install network-manager
But when I type it it says something like "0 updates to do, 0 new version found" and I dont get what I want (network manager installed). What else should I do?

CatKiller
December 8th, 2018, 07:53 PM
I believe that Network Manager was replaced by netplan for recent versions of Ubuntu.

giuliodz
December 8th, 2018, 08:00 PM
And how can i make my wifi working with that?

CatKiller
December 8th, 2018, 08:05 PM

I have no idea, but "netplan wifi" will give you more up-to-date results than anything that uses Network Manager. My wireless networking worked out of the box, so I don't have any experience in configuring it.

oldos2er
December 8th, 2018, 10:28 PM

You may want to create a new thread in Networking & Wireless for that question, see https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=370108