PDA

View Full Version : Obsessed with Wograld a new MMORPG in Alpha right now.

jastiv
December 1st, 2018, 05:47 AM
I was debating if I should post this hear or in the tech support forum, but I think here might be more appropriate. My problem is, I got this game called Wograld in alpha, and I go to git and download it, the latest version that is, and do the whole ./configure make make install, (and a couple other things that still aren't included but are listed in the install directions namely moving the maps folder and changing permissions on the wograld folder. Naturally I play it on the latest version of Ubuntu.
Then I play Wograld, I play it for hours. I cannot stop playing it. I constantly am either playing it, making maps, talking about it, finding bugs, making artwork or music for it. It eats up all my time. So I need help... because it is just that good.
I would post a video, but am I sure you can find it if you search online.

Why is it so great
1.) 45 degree isometric
2. random dungeons
3.) a map editor
4.) entirely open source and open content so you can modify it, there are no limits.
5.) It will never die.

anarchy-x
December 10th, 2018, 05:45 AM
That looks pretty cool but when I think MMORPG I imagine a bit more modern graphics :/

I'm really glad that open source games like this exist though and that you're enjoying it so much.