PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sudo apt-get upgrade getting stuck connecting to login.mathworks.com

davidsoltysik
November 30th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to install R on my Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS Linux machine (xenial). When I run sudo apt-get upgrade, it gets stuck trying to connect to login.mathworks.com and I don't know why.

> sudo apt-get upgrade

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
The following packages will be upgraded:
gnome-software gnome-software-common libpam-systemd libsmbclient libsystemd0 libudev1 libunity-control-center1 libwbclient0
python3-update-manager python3-urllib3 samba-libs systemd systemd-sysv ubuntu-software udev unity-control-center
unity-control-center-faces update-manager update-manager-core
19 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 14.8 MB of archives.
After this operation, 46.1 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
0% [Connecting to login.mathworks.com (52.73.71.114)

-----

I don't know why it's trying to connect to login.mathworks.com. I have MATLAB installed, but I did that using the MATLAB installer, not apt-get.

I don't know if this is an issue with my machine, my network, or Mathworks. Are there any ideas on how to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks in advance.

David

oldos2er
December 2nd, 2018, 05:54 PM
login.mathworks.com doesn't resolve for me either. I would try removing it from your sources.

CatKiller
December 3rd, 2018, 01:08 AM
I don't know why it's trying to connect to login.mathworks.com. I have MATLAB installed, but I did that using the MATLAB installer, not apt-get.

Some installers add repositories so that you can keep getting updates through the package manager. Chrome does that, as does Steam. I guess MATLAB does, too.

It'll either be a .list file in /etc/apt/sources.list.d or an entry in /etc/apt/sources.list. Just delete them and then run update again.