PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] post 18.04 update issues: Chromium Pinch & unstable screen

Cafe_Tony
November 19th, 2018, 10:38 PM
Updated an older laptop from 16.04 to 18.04 (it was stable with 16.04) and am experiencing the following two issues.
1. When the lid is closed and re-opened the screen is unstable, a large section is blank and scrolls up and down with cursor movement. Closing the lid again and re-opening it resets it. The laptop doesn't hibernate or sleep when closed, it just shuts the monitor off.

2. Chromium browser pinch feature has become a problem. Machine doesn't have a touchscreen but does have touchpad. The pinch process sucks up tons of resources and seems to leak badly. When first launched it uses 500mb of ram then builds to over 1.3gb if I don't restart Chromium. It didn't happen with 16.04.
Also, I've been comparing resource use between 16.04 on another laptop to this one and 18.04 uses between 30-50% more for everything. Is anyone else seeing that?

Can't find any flags in Chromium to disable pinch and I can't via the touchpad settings either. Should add that I tried to launch via terminal with --disable-pinch and that had no effect. Any thoughts?

I don't mind going back to 16.04 but an concerned the problem will persist unless a total clean install is performed and I do mind that.:confused: