PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Software Updater not working and crashes...

adventure man
November 16th, 2018, 12:17 PM
Hi guys, when trying to use the Software updater on my Lubuntu (Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS) machine it finds all the updates but when I hit the install button it starts to install but then disappears, not installing anything. I've had this problem for a while and decided it was time to see if there is a solution. I use terminal commands to successfully update my computer but would like the option to use the software updater.

I also have an issue with "Software & Updates" where in the "Other Software" tab I can't remove some non-existant program entries, for example Opera, Skype, Brave and Firefox ESR which are no longer on my computer:

Lastly, with "Software & Updates" when I try to change the times to check for updates it doesn't allow me to do that at all ("When there are security updates" is not even clickable):

Is there a way to reinstall/fix Software & Updates? Or perhaps a GUI, user friendly update installer I can use in it's place? Thank you!

s9032g@comcast.net
November 16th, 2018, 03:10 PM
I had the same problem and just used synaptic for a while. Now I am on 18.10 and the regular updater seems ok.

adventure man
November 16th, 2018, 04:19 PM
Thanks s9032g, I just updated to 18.10 and none of the problems from my first post are resolved. Still same crash and inability to change times for update checks, etc...

beankylla
March 22nd, 2019, 11:19 AM
hello,

i had a similar issue.

sudo apt purge update-manager && sudo apt install update-manager

solved my problem.

hope it helps!