PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 16.04 graphics fail if SEARCH ,SHUTDOWN or SUPER key is used

rapidrob
November 13th, 2018, 04:01 PM
I just upgraded to 16.04 from 14.04. The OS seems to be working well,except if I select SEARCH icon, or Gear in the upper right hand corner Icon to shut down or select the Windows super key, the display graphics go nuts. It Pixelates, flickers, has flashing bars and the like. When the display finely stops screwing up the image is all scrambled up. This is new and it only does it on those selected functions.
When booting the display shows the mother board type then stays black for two minutes before showing the desk-top in a normal manner. There is no other graphics being displayed until it has fully booted. It never did this before. You could see it booting up.
Can you help with this problem?

rapidrob
November 13th, 2018, 04:12 PM
It did it again on shut down

rapidrob
November 14th, 2018, 12:33 AM
I replaced the graphics card with a new one. The problem is now fixed with the scrambled graphics.
However, the second problem is still there. While booting the is a purple screen that shows several options than can be selected to boot to and I'm to hit the down or up arrow keys. nothing happens and the screen times out in 5 seconds. How can I get this boot function to work?