PDA

View Full Version : Problem trying to upgrade to 18.10

kari0ca
November 12th, 2018, 02:03 PM
Hi there, i've been trying to upgrade to 18.10 from 18.04 with no sucess, i'm using kubuntu.

when i try to upgrade, i get this message:

Os pacotes a seguir serão mantidos em suas versões atuais: (wich means: The following packages will be kept in their current versions:)
gconf-service libfile-fcntllock-perl libgconf-2-4 liblocale-gettext-perl libnet-dbus-perl libnih1 libtext-iconv-perl libxml-parser-perl
0 pacotes atualizados, 0 pacotes novos instalados, 0 a serem removidos e 8 não atualizados. (0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 8 not upgraded)

I've tried:
dpkg --configure -a and
sudo apt-get -f install but no success, even tried to install the package that is in the list:
apt list --upgradable
this list of upgradable packages returns:

gconf-service/stable 3.2.6-4+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.2.6-4ubuntu1]
libfile-fcntllock-perl/stable 0.22-3+b2 amd64 [upgradable from: 0.22-3build2]
libgconf-2-4/stable 3.2.6-4+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 3.2.6-4ubuntu1]
liblocale-gettext-perl/stable 1.07-3+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.07-3build2]
libnet-dbus-perl/stable 1.1.0-4+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.1.0-4build2]
libnih1/stable 1.0.3-8 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.0.3-6ubuntu2]
libtext-iconv-perl/stable 1.7-5+b4 amd64 [upgradable from: 1.7-5build6]
libxml-parser-perl/stable 2.44-2+b1 amd64 [upgradable from: 2.44-2build3]
Does anyone knows how can i upgrade these packages?

Thanks in advance

23dornot23d
November 12th, 2018, 08:16 PM
I use aptitude ....... you could try it ......... as answering no to its first choice may give you another that is better ....... so far I have had good success with it.

I usually try to choose where it does not want to start removing packages that I know I will need ....... that is the only part you may have problems with
but post back once you get a result from it that looks ok ......... or as always - wait for a better answer to your problem.

sudo apt-get install aptitude

will load it up

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

See how it goes for listing the problems ......... if any ........ or answer no to the first set of installable items and see what it gives you next.

kari0ca
January 20th, 2019, 03:23 PM
I use aptitude ....... you could try it ......... as answering no to its first choice may give you another that is better ....... so far I have had good success with it.

I usually try to choose where it does not want to start removing packages that I know I will need ....... that is the only part you may have problems with
but post back once you get a result from it that looks ok ......... or as always - wait for a better answer to your problem.

sudo apt-get install aptitude

will load it up

sudo aptitude update

sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

See how it goes for listing the problems ......... if any ........ or answer no to the first set of installable items and see what it gives you next.

Hi 23dornot23d,

the result of the commands were the follwing:

Solving dependencies ...
To that end, updated or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 new installed, 0 removed and 9 not upgraded.
You must get 0 B of files. After unpacking, 0 B will be used.

oldos2er
January 20th, 2019, 07:13 PM
Try
sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade If there any errors please post the entire command and all its output.

If there are no errors you can continue with
do-release-upgrade I'm assuming you've set Software & Updates to show possible upgrades to "any new version" rather than "for long term support versions."