PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] offline Installer or Upgrade of OS

mayan-molina
November 8th, 2018, 04:42 AM
May I know know if I can request for an offline Ubuntu installer or offline upgrade of OS? Our former technician used to request a CD installer for Ubuntu which is more reliable since we often have an unstable internet connection here :( I'd greatly appreciate your help or assistance to my concern. Thank you!

Frogs Hair
November 8th, 2018, 03:20 PM
The Ubuntu shipIt service for requesting a CD has been closed for 8 years. Do you know someone with a better connection who could download an ISO for you? Another possibility is contact a Ubuntu Loco team in your area/country if available. Some of these teams are much more active than others depending on location.

http://loco.ubuntu.com/

Impavidus
November 9th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Download tools like wget or torrent clients should be able to resume the download from the point where is was interrupted. Web browsers can't, as far as I know. Once you have the .iso file, you can install Ubuntu without a network connection. I think upgrading works too, except for the packages not included on the live disk. And you may need a network connection to download proprietary drivers (if you need them) or restricted extras (if you want them).