PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing lubuntu and/or zorin

coley9225
October 26th, 2018, 04:05 PM
I'm VERY new to the world of linux os in general, so I could use a little help. I'm trying to do a dual boot setup. I've tried lubuntu 18.04, lubuntu 18.10, and zorin. The install always hangs up, at differing spots, and I'm at a loss as to what to try next. I want dual boot so I can save my changes and work with an ubuntu based os, (my son swears by lubuntu), before commiting totally. I'm running an intel 1.1 ghz with onboard graphics,4 GB ram, and I am dedicating 200GB for my ubuntu flavor to use. Any help, advice, insight would be appreciated.

Frogs Hair
October 26th, 2018, 05:20 PM
Some information your partition table ,where the installation hangs , and what version of windows your dual booting with may be helpful.

coley9225
October 26th, 2018, 05:49 PM
I am running windows 10 home, 64 bit. all 3 flavors seem to hang on installing the grub. As far as partitions, I'm running whatever windows set up. all except efi partition are ntfs, and it is set for efi boot. origianally thought slow internet, but hangs even without internet support. I will be trying lubuntu 18.10 again in a few minutes, if it hangs I'll try to get a screenshot.