PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Ubuntu t-shirt in South Africa

thaak
April 5th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Hi

Does anyone know of a company in South Africa that prints Linux t-shirts. Otherwise have to order the Ubuntu one from Ameria and would rather support someone localy.

:-D

lao_V
April 5th, 2005, 03:36 PM
I don't think there is anyone selling any official Ubuntu merchandise apart from in America.

az
April 5th, 2005, 04:36 PM
...yet.

It is quite easy to set up an online commerce with Ubuntu, Apache, Mysql, Php4 and OsCommerce (or any other commerce CMS)

All you need is the merchandise and an internet connection. You may even get by withtout a static ip address using a dynamic dns service.

The community is here to help anyone wanting to do this.

Jad
April 5th, 2005, 09:41 PM
its not about setting up a website to sell t-shirts its about being able to mail t-shirts around the world.

lao_V
April 6th, 2005, 08:57 AM
its not about setting up a website to sell t-shirts its about being able to mail t-shirts around the world.

I believe the cafepress is able to mail it around the world but the p&p is almost doubled. So it would be a nice idea to have a local re-seller so that p&p would be cheaper

RazZziel
December 30th, 2008, 05:01 PM
So it would be a nice idea to have a local re-seller so that p&p would be cheaper

It would be indeed, specially in Spain, where customs costs are just insane. The problem about selling Ubuntu merchandaise is Canonical not allowing the use of their trademarks for commercial purposes.

We already tried selling Ubuntu T-shirts in our online T-shirt store (Spain-based), but they didn't give us permission.

Joeb454
December 30th, 2008, 05:08 PM
You are aware the last activity in this thread was almost 4 years ago? :)

RazZziel
December 30th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Oh god, next time remind me not to try to post after 48 hours of insomnia :oops:

Joeb454
December 30th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Haha :) No worries, I just didn't want you to sit and wait for a reply when it's not likely that one is coming ;)