PDA

View Full Version : Forum search engine seperates words put into double quotes

Browser_ice
August 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Is there a forum feedback link/section where we can post issues with the forum itself ?

I have one. The search engine seperates words put into double quotes.

Ex: "create link"

it does not search for the exact sentence, instead it does a +create +link google type of search.

I think this type of search should be available from the default search field and not through advanced/options (if it should exist there)

matthew
August 20th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Is there a forum feedback link/section where we can post issues with the forum itself ?

Yes, we have a section called Forums Discussion. I'll move this there for you.

Browser_ice
August 20th, 2006, 08:21 PM
That's strange, I have just edited my thread since it got moved to change the title. It allowed me to change it but when I go back in the thread list, the title hasn't changed.

While typing this reply, I also see the title hasn't changed.

A forum bug ????

matthew
August 20th, 2006, 08:28 PM
That's strange, I have just edited my thread since it got moved to change the title. It allowed me to change it but when I go back in the thread list, the title hasn't changed.

While typing this reply, I also see the title hasn't changed.

A forum bug ????No. You successfully changed the title in your first post. Only a moderator or admin can change the title for the thread list. I'll do that for you right now.

DC@DR
August 20th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Yes, you're right, this feature should be enabled by default. We're too familiar with Google search, then it will confuse us a bit if not enabling advaced options in forum search function. Hope this will be fixed asap :)

linear
August 21st, 2006, 03:45 AM
As a workaround, you can always do a Google search:

site:ubuntuforums.org "create link"

der_joachim
August 21st, 2006, 06:49 PM
As a workaround, you can always do a Google search:

site:ubuntuforums.org "create link"

ooooooohhhhhh! I did not know that one. Thank you for this little gem of knowledge. :mrgreen: