PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Intel NUC7 either no video or no sound

jensk
September 24th, 2018, 07:51 PM
I have bought a NUC7PJYH with UHD605 graphics because our new 50" UHD tv was to big a mouthfull for my old Acer Revo 3700 Nvidia ION as a Mythtv frontend.
I installed Xubuntu 18.04 and Mythtv-frontend on the NUC and connected the TV via HDMI-1.
1,st error was, when I boot the NUC the tv says no input at the HDMI port. If I pull out the HDMI and plug it in again, I get the desktop.

I startet out trying to fix the missing desktop by setting the "nomodeset" ind the grub boot. It corrected the missing desktop but when nomodeset i set in GRUB I have no sound through HDMI. Pavucontrol states that there is a HDMI output but it is unplugged eben though it is plugged in.

If I remove the nomodeset parameter in grub i have sound over HDMI but I need to unplug and replug the HDMI after every boot to get a desktop on the TV.

What parameter do I need to set in grub to have both picture and sound. Any good suggestions?

jensk
October 15th, 2018, 10:07 AM
I have found the solution - it was a kernel error that caused the formware not to load:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/1079310/nuc7-either-no-sound-or-no-video/1083866#1083866