PDA

View Full Version : Windows crash after installing Ubuntu 16/ no bootable device

sawezx
September 12th, 2018, 05:01 AM
Hey there,
I installed Ubuntu by USB disk, for dual boot with Windows 10, on extended partition, I made /, /home and efi system partition, because without efi partition instalation crushes on installing grub2 point,
I have 5 years old Hp pavilion g7 and guess it's not UEFI.
I used option "something else" during the installation.
Before installation I turned off Legacy support and Secure boot (maybe it was a fault) after installing Ubuntu I faced with problem like "no bootable device insert boot disk and press any key" and now I can't use any of Operating system
I tried to change Legacy support and Secure boot many times, but it was unsuccessful
Can someone explain why it happened and provide a solution if exist

yancek
September 12th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Was windows 10 pre-installed? If it was, it was almost certainly UEFI and it would be necessary to install Ubuntu UEFI. If windows is not UEFI, then you would need to install Ubuntu in Legacy mode also. I would suggest that you read through the Ubuntu documentation on dual booting windows 10/Ubuntu UEFI at the Ubuntu site link below. YOu might also boot the Ubuntu install usb and from a terminal, run the following command: sudo parted -l (Lower case Letter L in the command). I believe you need your EFI partition on a primary and it needs to be FAT32.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UEFI