PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Can't install or run 'sudo' commands

setayo
September 9th, 2018, 11:00 AM
whenever im attempting to install a program within the ubuntu software center or run any sudo command within xterm I either get this error: "Software can't be installed or removed because the authentication service is not available. (org.freedesktop.PolicyKit.Error.Failed: ('system-bus-name', {'name': ':1.13'}): org.debian.apt.install-or-remove-packages" or it will keep telling me my password is wrong and then do nothing, im using crouton kde trusty on my acer chromebook r13

I wont be able to upload screenshots as it doesnt have a prnt scrn button and I have no screenshot software installed currently :( I will be able to take pictures on my phone and upload those I just apologize for quality beforehand

EDIT: just to clarify the error only shows when trying to install any packages and when attempted through terminal/konsole im hit with incorrect password every time no matter how many times i hit backspace before hand

Autodave
September 9th, 2018, 11:26 AM
Try smacking the backspace key a few times before you enter your password.

setayo
September 9th, 2018, 01:49 PM
Autodave- no luck with that im afraid, its been fine all week only started yesterday :/ latest installed program was PatternMaker7.5 through wine but that was the day before the issue started

setayo
September 12th, 2018, 10:52 AM
I'm still having an issue with this, is there anyone that can help? :/

setayo
September 23rd, 2018, 08:55 AM
In the end all I've done is reinstall linux distro kde and its now working fine