PDA

View Full Version : Orange Selection

bobgrey1997
September 9th, 2018, 01:12 AM
I accidentally did a thing that scared the crap out of me for a moment!
https://i.imgur.com/EbYuRnX.png

I accidentally selected my entire post on a forum.
I quickly realized what I had done and simply deselected it, but noticed the orange highlight.
Windows does a blue a highlight.
I think I like and prefer the orange!
Not really sure why I decided to post about this, but there you go. How do others feel about the orange?

wildmanne39
September 9th, 2018, 01:19 AM
Please use the attachment facility by clicking on the paperclip or use url's for images because apart from bandwidth issues for some, it makes it difficult for those using mobile devices to browse the forum.

bobgrey1997
September 9th, 2018, 02:03 AM
Ah. No problem. On the SCS Forums (which is shown in that image) they have a rule against attachments, ensuring people use image hosts and use the [img] tags. I'm pretty sure I told it to copy the thumbnail link, though, so it shouldn't have been so large (as said in the reason for editing), but looking at the link itself, I don't see the "L" that would usually show up in the thumbnail link... Fail on my part.

As for the paperclip, I don't see it. I see a "link" button that has what looks to be a paperclip over a planet, which seems to do the exact same thing as [url].

Anyway, sorry for the massive image. I'll make sure to use smaller ones next time!

yetimon_64
September 9th, 2018, 09:00 PM
...As for the paperclip, I don't see it....
Look at the black arrow in the attachment on this post. It is in the advanced editor here. Use either the "Go Advanced" button in the quick reply box or use the "Adv Reply" or "Reply with quote" buttons to get an advanced editor. The paperclip is in the top line of buttons.
Cheers, yeti.

RabbitWho
September 10th, 2018, 04:59 PM
I love that this frightened you, and I thought I was jumpy! :D In windows you can (or used to be able to? I don't really use it any more except for gaming) set it to whatever colour you want, I liked navy. The new Ubuntus aren't very customizable by default but yes, the orange is nice :)