PDA

View Full Version : Issues after attempting to install!

youstolemylaptop2
September 7th, 2018, 07:01 AM
Hey,

I decided to attempt to dual boot Linux today after leaving the Linux community quite a few years ago.

I download Pop OS originally, and installed it alongside windows 10. I tried to enter Pop OS but for some reason it was crashing on me, so I said screw this im going to install Ubuntu Gnome, because no one runs into issue with ubuntu.

So I did as I said, and once it booted into the usb drive, it was just a blue screen, no installation screen pop up or anything. I restarted the computer twice, and tried to boot back into the usb drive. Still no installation screen. All it showed was a blue background, showed the top taskbar with time, and other information that didn't really matter at the time. But still no installation pop up screen.

So I just said screw it maybe its not meant to be. I restart the computer, and now its not showing my BIOS splash screen anymore so I can access my BIOS, nor select an installation drive. It's just a black screen for a while, and then it loads into windows 10. Please help because I do want to install Ubuntu again!

Let me know if there's any additional information you might need.

If this isn't posted in the correct section, please move it mods! :(

These are my specs:
MSI Z270-A
i5-7600k
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16gb
ASUS ROG GTX 1060
Samsung Evo 850 1tb SSD

DuckHook
September 8th, 2018, 12:42 AM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades as the more appropriate forum.